Wednesday, May 22, 2013

A friend's tale

In my last weekend update, I mentioned that I did manage to do other things in addition to dealing with my infection {the yeast kind}

Well, one of the things that I did was meeting up with my old colleague / friend.  We have become close friends and I value her friendship a lot.  So, I actually hesitate to put her story here because well, even in this blog space, there is such a thing as privacy.

So yes, I am a person with boundaries.

Her story is not a happy one.  I met up with her and we sat down for dinner.  That was when she started telling me the story.  She began with this...

Friend: I have good news.
Me: Oh yeah? What is it?
Friend: Divorce.
Me: What?
Friend: Yep, I'm getting a divorce.
Me: Why? What happened?  {Yes typical me asking silly questions}
Friend: Well, domestic abuse and extramarital affair.
Me: {eyebrows raised}.......
Friend: And it's not just one girl, it's many many.
Me: Nooo....

You see, I've known this friend since our PhD days and even though she was always a little bit mysterious in the sense that she usually wouldn't tell you everything right way, she was never the type that would, in my mind, have such a story to tell.

She was very proper, punctual, and nice.  Just an all around nice gal who has worked hard enough to deserve better.  Much much better.

Without going into the details, I mean, if you watch any television or soap operas, you would be familiar with the details......the guy and his parents are pretty ^%!@#%$^&^*).

I am sad that this happened and my friend said to me, "Please, do not let this affect your wedding."

I know this may sound strange, but I wish my friend a speedy divorce, get away from this guy asap, and live a happy and normal life with her newborn and parents.  That's what she needs right now.




1 comment:

  1. They can promise you that in time you can be alone or, at the same time, you should avoid
    eating anything after 7 pm, says Dr.

    my page; web page

    ReplyDelete