Sunday, May 5, 2013

Bookish Weekend

With Chris away on a business trip, I decided to spend my weekend in bookstores.  I hit up two major bookstores in town and did quite alright.

 <-- I bought this.  Chris and I will be going to Nepal and hopefully India after Europe and since I kind of have a feeling that there's not a lot of information online, I figured I'd get this and do some reading.

Nepal is gorgeous and according to the book or what I've read so far, it's an unique experience for travelers.  So, I do look forward to going there and can't wait to take in all the sights.

Next, I whipped out my phone and started doing some "photocopying."  This is one of the areas in Prague, which is where Chris and I will be visiting as well.  This guidebook was some crazy dollars and so I decided to do some active reading and made some camera-notes.

When I was doing this, one of the salesperson happened to walk by.  I wasn't sure if he knew what I was doing, but I finished what I had to do and moved onto another section.  Sneaky sneaky me.  

If Chris was here though, he would have acted like it was all normal and continued doing what he was doing.  But for me, this was enough stealing for one day.  Yes, indeed, this was really the reason why I decided to make the purchase above.  The guilty conscience wouldn't let me get away with it.

This bookstore I went to is quite high up in the shopping center, 9th to the 11th floor.  The view going up and coming down is quite something.  For those with acrophobia (fear of height), the view will make your knees weak.  Take a look!

  




No comments:

Post a Comment