Friday, June 14, 2013

Long time coming...

Well, I've disappeared for while....and now I'm back again.

What they say is true, the wedding bliss does take you up and away to far away places and it will take you some time before you come back down to earth. 

So, that's where I've been and I came back down today...and it's nice. 

Nice?  What do you mean nice?  Don't you want to live in that wedding bliss bubble forever?

No, not at all. 
Because I realize it was getting a little bit weird.

In that world, everything is pink and pretty.  Yes - pink.  The sky is pink, hearts are everywhere and everyone congratulates you on the new life.  They love your dress, they 'like' all your pictures on Facebook and they can't stop commenting on how you two are perfect for each other. 

It's really the perfect thing........but overtime, it's sickening.

Chris and I sealed the deal on June 1st.  It's now 2 weeks later and we are still dealing with comments and 'likes' on various social medias.  It's finally starting to dissipate and I can finally stop being a bride and get back down to earth to being me.

Finally.  It's tiring, honestly.

To this day, I still have yet to call Chris my husband.  Other than to government officials for applying visas, filling out forms or answering calls, I have yet to say the magic word.  I hesitate.

I know a lot of people who can't wait to adopt the new last name and begin calling each other hubby and wifey, but for me, husband and wife are loaded words -- super super heavy.  I don't use them lightly.

So yes, I got married and things seemed to have changed, but much has remained the same.  I often look and think, "What was this wedding all about?  Did it add anything new to our relationship?  What did it change?  If it didn't happen, what would be different?"

*Sigh* I have a feeling I will never know the answer. 

In the meantime, I am looking for a host in my couchsurfing adventure.  I still have not managed to find anyone who will take us in in Paris, London, Amsterdam and Frankfurt.

Really do wish us luck in this department!  We are traveling on a budget here!!




No comments:

Post a Comment