Monday, April 22, 2013

She wasn't ugly to me

I was watching a LisaLisaD1 video today (I love her - link to her Youtube videos Here) and near the end of the video, she was talking about returning her handbags and how the sales lady wasn't ugly to her.

Well, I just happened to like that phrase a lot and it just seems such a good way to describe that.

So, why am I talking about this....

I received an email from one of my students today and he wrote, "Dear dr, I have an urgent question...."

It was an urgent question because the research paper for my course was due today and so he was hoping to get clarification on a theory.

Now, the fact that he didn't address me properly did annoy me.  But the thing that bothered me most was he didn't sign it off.  In other words, his name was not anywhere in his email and so, I had no idea who I was talking to here.

Naturally, when I replied his email, I began with this, "Hi," and then I proceeded to answer his question.

And what do you know?  A somewhat unexpected thing happened later in the afternoon.  The same student wrote back to thank me and this time, it was in the form of a proper email.

"Dear Dr. Zooe, 

Thanks for your help!

[student's name]"

Whaddaya know?  I guess he wasn't ugly to me in the end!




No comments:

Post a Comment