Sunday, April 21, 2013

came, saw, and decided...?

Another weekend update?  Sort of...

I hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mine was all cooked-up.  Chris came over Saturday afternoon and told me, "Honey, my co-workers love your beef stew.  One of them said he would pay $200 for a huge batch.  Do you think you can make it?"

0_0"  [stunned]

Me: Are you serious?  
Chris: Yeah...I think so.

Meanwhile, Chris got a phone call from the very co-worker to enquire about the beef situation.

Me: Was that just him calling?  
Chris: Yeah, he's serious.

And so began a whole Sunday morning cooking escapade.  Chris has actually never seen me cook the beef stew from scratch before and naturally, he was quite curious (and excited) to see what I do in the kitchen.  Well, to be frank, he doesn't see me in the kitchen all that often because I actually never go in there that often.  So, he's very keen on checking things out whenever I'm in there.

It's pretty funny because on the one hand, I'm trying to get this stew done while on the other hand, I have this giant (aka Chris because he's very tall) right next to me watching and attempting to help.

Anyway, long story short, we got it done and it looked yummy.  Chris will report back to me tonight.  Can't wait to hear the verdict.

So, about the title of this post!

After a full morning of cooking, Chris and I decided to chill out at a beachy / local market area in the afternoon.  While we were walking around, he said to me, "You know, I think we will probably end up in China by the time we come back from our trip."

Me: Really....China
Chris: Yeah, I feel it.
Me: So where in China?  Shanghai?
Chris: Probably not since it's already a developed city.  It's probably going to be a secondary city that the PRC government is trying to develop.  Things are still relatively cheap, but it's got huge potential.
Me: Cool.  

What do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment